[StBernard] Mitigation Questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 27 19:21:23 EST 2005

More questions:
What is the funding source for these buyouts? Is this part of the FEMA's
HMGP and be deed restricted? Will this be voluntary?

So the Munster sewer treatment plant would be enlarged? I'm having a hard
time seeing why this large tract of land will be needed for sewer
treatment expansion--especially for a parish that's predicted to loose
over half of its population.

Does this area include the Village Square Shopping Centre? When was that
area developed anyway? It's flooded quite a bit over the years for storms.
Was it pre-FIRM development? Won't those houses need to be raised or
demolished and redeveloped for NFIP compliance anyway?

>> There is not a design plan at this point and the future of other canals

>> may be looked at as well as the plan comes together The whole

>> rebuilding discussion is a fluid process.

Why isn't there a plan? Is the parish working with an Urban Planner?

Also in an unrelated issue, there are still many many areas of the parish
that have not been added to the Barowka and Bonura Building Assessment
Database--including most of Francis Place Subdivision. Do you know when
we'll be able to get this information?

J. Hodges