[StBernard] Nunez is Back

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 29 16:40:41 EST 2005

Craig,

I don't think Ron Chapman was trying to insult you. Only his comments at the

end about something else coming into play could be considered insulting, and

while I don't agree with that comment, I do agree with the rest of what he
is saying, and so do so most others that I have spoken with. I realize it is

not your fault or anyone else's in the government. I think it is just an
overwhelming situation the likes of which have never been seen before in our

country.

On another subject, I would like to ask questions about FEMA. Does it help
people that have flood insurance as far as reimbursment on gutting? And my
parents are staying with me on the north shore and so far have gotten no
help from FEMA. The called in and filed with FEMA two weeks after the storm
and were deined any help because their application was all wrong when they
recieved it in the mail. It stated they had no flood damage. I heard my
father answer all FEMA'S questions but the application was totally different

from what he said to them. He didn't get the $2,000 emergency money which
they have now stoped giving out or any other help. My parents are on social
security and my husband and I are the ones helping them. I believe FEMA
should help them since we lost everything, our home and our business, too.
They had flood insurance but not enough. We went to the FEMA place at
wal-mart and they were going to straighted it out, but still nothing. I know

people on the north shore with no damage to speak of and they are getting
help. This is unfair and I don't know what to do. We have called so many
times and have gotten no where. I'm afraid my father will have a heart
attack trying to deal with them so he has given up. I am disappointed in my
country. Where do I turn next? Is it too late to still try to get help from
FEMA?

Lou-Lou