[StBernard] Nunez is Back - Hurring the populace.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 29 22:54:52 EST 2005

Ron, we believe the same thing: Adding even 2 months to a devestation is
unspeakable. Most of us don't have answers from a federal/state point of
view or help. Why push us at the local level to make decisions which will
affect us for the rest of our lives in a desparate manner? To those who
believe that we'll heal properly in a month or 2 are living a pipedream of
St. Bernard parish being "healed" in a couple month's time. It will take
years, if not decades. A parish with NO people is a parish without hope.
Forcing us to sell, experience undue expenses at a time when we're
"starving" for financial assistance or abandon what's left of our homes to
the axman or taxman, is ludicrous and insensitive. This writer doesn't
believe he is by himself in assuming, we're rushed to the hilt! Catch a mad
dog into a corner and sooner or later, there has to be some biting,
snarling, and barking at those who do the pushing into a corner.

Jer.