[StBernard] Murphy Oil Information Removed From sbpg.net

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 31 18:42:01 EST 2005

Personally, I don't know why Murphy asked to have the information removed
from the parish's web site. It was nothing of a confidential nature and
everything the parish had was nothing more than a copy of what Murphy
themselves have on their own web site,
<"http://www.murphyoilcorp.com/ir/katrina/">.

Not knowing the contents of the letter that was presented to the parish
attorney, and trying not to look too negatively on Murphy, I wonder if this
is yet another ploy by Sidney Torres, et al, to limit the information
residents receive to push them into joining the class action suit? Let's not
forget, while folks still trying to survive the flood waters, Mr. Torres was
renting a helicopter so he could return to his property.

Westley