[StBernard] Murphy Oil Information Removed From sbpg.net

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 3 18:32:01 EST 2006

Aside from your indirect ties to Murphy, could you explain why they have
you sign a waiver upon reaching a settlement that holds them harmless in
the event that the property is found to STILL be contaminated even
though it has been restored? They want nothing to do with the
contingent liability portion of their business. If the property is
later deemed contaminated then you are responsible as the owner or
former owner for mitigating (cleaning) that property up. Do you think
that any settlement that Murphy would give you at say, even $20 per sq.
ft. for your home would be enough to offset the cost of this type of
cleanup?

Just wondering,
JIM