[StBernard] More of this to come?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 4 09:55:03 EST 2006

Mudpie wrote:

Awful to think they were that exhausted at fighting to survive and
desperate; I will pray for them. This situation can make any sane man
nuts
and it shocks me that our federal government has disappeared in the
face of
disaster they helped bring about. Mudpie

Oh...it broke my heart when I read it. I saw on nola.com that these folks
were actually from St. B at one point. They had been in the parish then
moved to St. Charles Parish, lost a house there, etc. I think the man had
some mental problems before, but I'm sure pre and post-K probably is what
did him in.

I'm sure Craig, as a professional, could offer some insights into
post-traumatic stress disorder. Let's face it: We've all had a stressor in
Katrina and the aftermath. Then factor in all the b.s. we have faced with
FEMA, insurance companies, etc. I'm more than willing to bet that a lot of
folks *should* be able to file disability claims. But then, another part of
the government will deny those claims also.

Jim
jaywhy321 at yahoo.com