[StBernard] The housing Market and St. Bernard Parish Needs for Reconstruction

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 7 16:39:00 EST 2006

Thanks for the reply, John. I always can trust good judgment when I see
it.<G>

The very heart of St. Bernard coming back is whether parishioners will take
a severe beating of not. From what I'm seeing, the beating is no less than
an analogy about a rider and horse and a buggywhip to rule the horse's
speed. 8*0

Because there are SO MANY QUESTIONS that are either vague or speculative,
smart citizens will just not rush to judgment as to whether they will start
pouring in the last of what is left, not knowing where the market is headed,
what programs will be devised in the future, what hurricane protection is or
is not yet to come (and what hurricanes are left to arrive at our
doorsteps), etc.

With that knowledge unforeseen, many will opt to take a wait-and-see
attitude, being a "once-bitten-twice-shy" citizen of St. Bernard Parish.

Lastly, JR needs to get himself/representatives to New Orleans on Thursday
while the President is visiting the city and get an audience from the
president/staff as to what he needs, support for the Baker Bill, and other
crucial concerns about MRGO, levee protection and support. If this doesn't
happen, citizens will continue their wait, and wait, and..etc.

So much confusion caused by uncertainty.

Pardon me, as I'm just a peasant in the land of neither and hither...with
little power.

--Jer