[StBernard] Unmasking Mardi Gras

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 8 20:44:09 EST 2006

alternative..........No Mardi Gras, then what happens to all the businesses
who depend on Mardi Gras? No Mardi Gras? Okay, then next year how many
bankruptcies, unemployed, etc. do we find from the float builders, costume
designers, seamstresses, vendors, hotels, etc., etc., etc., Unfortunately,
it may not help St. Bernard Parish directly, but I am sure there is someone
in St. Bernard Parish who will put another meal on the table or another nail
in their rebuilding from monies made on Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is a billion
dollar revenue for the greater New Orleans area. I, too, am afraid it will
convey the wrong image, but it is up to us to educate our friends local and
elsewhere on the economic boom it will be to us.

Kathleen