[StBernard] Unmasking Mardi Gras

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 10 21:22:59 EST 2006

My question is "Where are these out of towners going to stay while here?"
If you can't house your own residents, then how can you have the nerve to
house out of towners even if it is for just a few days? OH, I know! They
have money to spend so that makes them worhty of a place to stay. You have
St. Bernard and New Orleans residents fighting to get back into their
parishes and homes but can't, but we'll bring in those who don't live here
and make them comfortable just so the PARTY CAN GO ON! That's terrible.

The city and St. Bernard will not go belly up if we skip one year of Mardi
Gras. If you want people on the outside to understand that things are still
so bad, then a party is not the way to do it. Do you actually think the
people would be coming from out of town to get drunk will care about the
devastation and if they do take a trip around to see it how much will they
remember once they recover from their drunken state?

Tracey