[StBernard] Update from Rep. Nita Hutter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 10 22:29:12 EST 2006

State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter, in a collaborative effort
with numerous area clubs and organizations, announces an upcoming meeting
that will discuss the future of the organizations in the parish.

To date, the organizations that have committed to attend are
Operation Merry Christmas, the St. Bernard Business and Professional Women's
Club, the St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce, the Kiwanis Club of St.
Bernard-Arabi, and the Rotary Club of St. Bernard.

The goal of the first meeting will be to exchange information on
what plans various clubs and organizations are making, as well as to give
you an update from Nunez Community College concerning their plans for
reopening.

This meeting will take place on Saturday, January 21, from 10 a.m.
to 1:00 p.m. in the library on the 2nd floor of the Arts and Science
Building at Nunez Community College, 3700 Fenelon Street, Chalmette,
Louisiana.

Mr. Walter Leger, a member of the Louisiana Recovery Authority (LRA)
and a member of the St. Bernard Citizens Recovery Committee (STBCRC) will
also present information to the attendees.
"Clubs and organizations are the backbone of a community. St. Bernard was
blessed to have so many dedicated individuals who contributed to the
well-being of their fellow citizens throughout the parish. They are a
critical core that is important to the rebuilding process. This will also be
a great opportunity for many of our people to come together to learn about
what their fellow members are doing and plan for future activities.
Additionally, we will hear about the work of the LRA and the STBCRC, as well
as an update from the Chancellor of Nunez Community College," said Hutter.

In order to plan for the day, we ask that you contact Representative
Hutter's Baton Rouge office by calling (225) 342-7368 or by e-mail at
larep104 at legis.state.la.us if you plan to attend. There is no charge for
this event, but it would be appreciated if you would register in advance for
planning purposes.