[StBernard] Removing Soil from Lexington?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 11 20:04:15 EST 2006

This sounds alot like what happened in my house. I was in the oil spill
zone.
My son had a pressed penny collection that was eaten away by whatever was
in the water. The pennies have white, crusty material on them. Some of the
lettering
is gone from the penny. I have 5 pennies or so that are missing 1/4 of the
penny. Looks
like a rat was gnawing at the penny. Weird. Strong Chemicals.

Cleaning the pennies with Tarnex does not help so don't waste your money.
I have not found anything else that will clean them.

mchacon

> Interesting what you have said about your brass and pewter items. I did

not

> live in Lexington, but mine had the same results. I also just picked up a

> brass small jewelry box recently from the house. When I brought it home

> clean it, it was so bad I just put it in the water and detergent to get

the

> mud off. When I went back about 30 minutes later, the sink was filled

with