[StBernard] Removing Soil from Lexington?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 11 20:03:33 EST 2006

"Interesting what you have said about your brass and pewter items."

Could be the effects of electrolysis.

Vessels operating in saltwater attach zinc plates to their hulls. The
effects of the reaction are that the softer metal is eaten away by the
reaction and the other metal parts are not affected.

I had a chainsaw with a soft metal housing. It crumbled away. Remember
that this was salty Gulf water.

Or maybe it was toxic waste. Watch for talking turtles -- that's a sure
sign.

David H.