[StBernard] LRA Endorses Using $100 M for Bridge Loans, Recommends Use of Federal Grants

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 14 00:14:41 EST 2006

Here's what I think.

It's vital that we must get Lousiana and Southeast Lousiana going so, to do
this we need to bring awareness to the nation, even at the cost of shaming
others who were not affected and go on with their daily lives while we're
suffering the ultimate. "Desolation in the land of plenty."

What I believe is that the state's Governor under a proactive, bold
direction, should take money out the treasure of the state (and even if it
must go through the bureaucracy of its congress), proactively inititate and
purchase commercial advertisement all over the country.

She must do this, as media allows in the following media, not to exclude the
N.Y. and L.A. Times and other newspaper ads, television 30 second slots
showing the misery in St. Bernard, New Orleans, and the south affected. This
can include (to any budget allowed and beyond perhaps), billboards and
internet spots; just about anyway to get the attention of the American
people to place needed pressure on Congress, the President, etc. to a call
for action. Such a boldness would and should encourage the hundreds of
millions (which incidently, the census expresses that we should reach 300
million in U.S. Population within the next 9 months; but we shouldn't wait
until it gets there, of course <G>) to plead in our behalf.

If I were a private enterpise and wished to elucidate how my business would
help the community, I'd implement an advertising budget that would advertise
myself and my enterprise (that I'm essentially "hanging out my shingles" to
the area's consumers. As the attorney's boldly do, they place huge ads in
the fronts, rears and inside covers of phonebooks, papers, etc. to get the
most impact for their "hard-earned" bucks <G>.

Thus, we must appear around the country as Americans of whom wish to be
whole again in the American way of life. It's humbling, but at this stage of
the game..appropriate to survival of the fittest, so to speak.

Jer.