[StBernard] From Vitter's office

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 15 11:20:45 EST 2006

In early December I wrote Sen. Vitter about the term"Katrina Fatigue" and
it's use, explaining they have no idea about what "Katrina Fatigue"
was...how about waiting for insurance, hours on end with FEMA (especially in
the beginning), waiting on assistance, waiting on a hot meal, waiting on and
on and on, everyone here knows all of this. Anywho, here was one of his
"assistant's" responses, and yet another of my own for them to take to
Congress. For those who don't know, two weeks before Mardi Gras in New
Orleans, there is Mardi Gras in DC for the Congressional Delegation- it is
extremely notorious, especially Kareoke in Mary Landrieu's suite, Breaux's
cajun pig roast, etc. Maybe we should crash the festivities, it's held at
the Hyatt? I'm always up for a good protest/march/ etc....