[StBernard] Elementary & Secondary School Financial Aid

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 17 23:42:48 EST 2006

Cat,

>From my understanding, the purpose of the bill was to ease the strain other

school systems took on by hosting displaced students. From what I recall in
her press releases, Sen. Landrieu worked hard to get Catholic and private
schools included in the funding.

Although the funding is for your children, it is paid directly to the school
systems.

For further questions, I would contact Sen. Landrieu's office or the La.
Dept. Of Education.

Westley

------------------------
Got a question about this - my kids were enrolled in St. Mark before
Katrina, attended for several years and planned on attending for many years
to come. After the hurricane we lost our jobs and could not afford to
re-enroll in catholic school. Why wouldn't we qualify for financial aid?
Why only those enrolled after Katrina? If I would have known this, I would
certainly have enrolled them BACK in Catholic school as they were accustomed
and would have continued to be had the storm not decimated our parish.
What's the deal? Can we still qualify? I would love to re-enroll them in
Catholic school where we are now. I believe those who were previuosly
enrolled, especially those of us who have many years in Catholic school,
should have first choice. No offense to anyone.
Thanks
Cat