[StBernard] was Murphy oil spill area extended to Buc South or Arabias rumor has it?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 18 22:24:19 EST 2006

I had a meeting with Murphy on Tuesday. The adjuster told us it was very
possible the oil spill area will be expanded, and really that it probably
will before it's all said and done, he just doesn't know when, said that was

not his decision. He said it will depend on the EPA and the results of the
testing and the lawsuits and that could be years. As of now it remains the
same. We did not settle but rather told them we would think about it, the
main reason was not money but that they could not tell us a time line when
they would have he property cleaned or how often or if ever they would come
back and test to make sure things were truely clean. That would have to be
our responsibility. And if we found the property not up to EPA standards, we

would have to prove in court that they didn't uphold their end of the
bargain to get them to clean it again. It sounded like if we were not happy
with the cleaning and they said it was ok, it would be our problem to get
them to do something about it. That was not satisfactory.

Laurie