[StBernard] The Storms Impact - Point of View by Ron Chapman

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 19 22:41:19 EST 2006

John,

You made me smile with this one. . . made me think of Junior in a fond way.
I agree with you on some of this. Yes, I do think he won by a land slide, I
think it was because he is such a character and I think some were just
voting against the other person because of the other guy's arrogance. Oh,
and I can see where he would surely be the life of the party and others in
government would remember him.....I agree Junior is quit an entertaining
character. He has a lot of personality and charisma. I, too, am in St.
Tammany and the people here do seem to like him. I liked him too before all
of this mess happened with the cane and such. As a woman, I find this
offensive. The man is in deed rough and unpolished. He needs to tone that
down. That is not what we need right now. You see what the chocolate comment

from Nagin got for New Orleans.

The man that wrote in that he was goosed didn't seem to appreciate it at
all. And I don't blame him. That kind of behavior is inappropriate. He
needs to behave and act his age, and he doesn't need to give up his
personality or any of his good qualities to do that. If he gooses the wrong
person, "just being Junior" is not going to cut it, he might find himself
with a punch in the nose. Junior does have my respect because of the fact
that he is our parish president, but respect and approval are two different
things. Can't he try to be a little more dignified for the good of the
parish? We don't need to be looking like a bunch of hicks in front of the
rest of the country or we will never get the help we need. If he can pull us

out of this mess then we will see if all the admiration you have for him is
warranted, and I hope it is.

lm