[StBernard] Clean-up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 23 22:38:22 EST 2006

Concerned...

Last night on C-span Donald Powell the Pesident's man on Katrina stated
that the federal government will cease paying 100% of the clean-up after
March 15th. With the present state of debris in the parish and the fact
that so many have not returned to clean out their houses yet, this could
develop into a major problem. We lack the finances to pay a percentage of
clean-up up after March 15th.
Must we go into high gear here for clean-up, or must we prevail upon the
federal government to recognize the scale of the problem and our inability
to accomplish the massive job in so little time. Ron