[StBernard] Corp of Engineers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 23 22:54:27 EST 2006

Everyone in St. Bernard, the Ninth Ward, New Orleans East, and the city of
New Orleans... should push...big time to get the MRGO Closed...Don't let the
politicians talk us into giving in on this one...The focus should remain on
closing the MRGO...we will get flooded over and over again if they don't!!!!

CHingle

> Two questions:

> 1. Why is the standard levee height 17.5 feet? I thought the storm surge

> was 30 something feet high. If so, what good is a 17.5 foot levee going

> to do?

> 2. If there is a MRGO flood gate put right near the "Green Bridge",

> wouldn't St. Bernard flood every time that flood gate is closed? Seems

like