[StBernard] Questions for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 26 19:01:15 EST 2006

Denise Cambre,

Sorry about the delay. Hope this helps.

. If you home is going to be demolished, I understand that the slabs will
be left, however, will it be required by the homeowner to have the slab
removed or would it be considered blighted housing if the slab is left for
any lenght of time?
The slab is not considered blighted, but it may be to your advantage
to have it removed by a private contractor for insurance purposes.

2. Fences & sheds - will these be taken down in the demolishing process as
well?
Yes, they will.

3. In ground pools - Will the parish be filling these in if the home is
demolished or will this be the responsibility of the homeowner ? I have
heard the answer both way (parish will fill in and that the homeowner is
reponsible).
The pool issue is uncertain because of the FEMA reimbursement
issue. If it is a above ground pool that can be easily removed in the
debris clearing, that will be done. More permanent pool structures were
being discussed. I will make a general announcement about this as soon as I
get a "definitive" answer.

4. Natural gas - If your home is being repaired to pre-katrina, alot of us
had natural gas for stoves, hotwate r heaters,and home heaters, what is the
expected time for natural gas to be returned to the parish? I have heard
(you know the rumors), any where from 1 to 3 years. This may not be a
problem for some, however if you are planning on returning, this information
is important when it comes to deciding what appliances you want back in your
home.

We have placed a planned map for ATMOS, but the thing to do is to call
ATMOS and have your neighbors call as well to let them know you need
service.

Good Luck,
Craig

The following may have been answered or asked in previous e-mails, but could
you please take the time to reply again.

1. If you home is going to be demolished, I understand that the slabs will
[...]

Thank you for taking the time to answer the above questions.

Denise Cambre