[StBernard] Stinky/Muddy clothes - Why keep?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 26 19:06:08 EST 2006

Apparently my original message was misunderstood about cleaning stinky/muddy
clothes, I wasn't asking for anyones opinion whether or not I SHOULD clean
them, but how?

And if you are going to salvage some things, stuffed animals are the worst.
I'm sure you know how "dirty" they already and that children with allergies
can't have them.

Also, if you are of the opinion that nothing like that should be saved, then
the whole parish should be torn down. Do you think that the wood in your
house had a "force field" around it so it wasn't exposed to the same
chemicals? If you can treat the wood, why can't you treat your clothes?
Yes, the wood is not up against your body, but you will inhale any funk it
grows. I'm guessing your not returning!

I was asking for sentimental things - high school letter jacket, quilt my
90-yea r-old grandmother made, baptismal gown, outfit I took my children
home from the hospital in, etc. I am fortunate that I didn't have to
recover clothes. I'm sure many had to recover clothes!!

And as for your comments about "not in a million years." I'm sure many of
us are doing things that we didn't dream we would do "in a million years!"

Cindy