[StBernard] Governor Blanco - In da house..

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 1 11:51:53 EST 2006

Her majesties Landrieu and Blanco were both seen in the audience on Tuesday
night at the capitol's State of the Union address on Tuesday evening. Both
had a gleam of befuddlement as the cameras held fast on them just as
President Bush hurriedly mentioned Katrina Recovery (yeah?).

I'm curious as to whether they will be holding an audience with the
president there or was Ms. Blanco simply there after an invitation was given
her to appear because the president was to mention the Gulf Coast?

And, I'm also wondering if a sort of "minute protest" would have been
acceptable to stand and perhaps say, "Mr. President, a plan of Recovery such
as the Baker Plan IS in the works and we need your support if we are to
survive as a region, state, and nation. I'm praying that all senators and
congressfolk have had the opportunity to go down and witness the destruction
for themselves (firsthand, instead of being misled by a totality of the
media coverage given them in one area of the tragedy, Canal St. and Bourbon
St.! Mr. President, I thank you for understanding what we truly need down
there, because if not YOU and our federal legislators understanding what it
will take for our survival, then WHO, Sir? (then, she graciously reseats
herself in a prideful manner.) ;)

BTW, how is it that many protestors will "stop the show" to protest the war,
abortion, march to "racial and other causes of injustice, etc.., etc.. And
not by one who can make an impact on our future by being assertive and
resolute on actions that are absolutely a mandate to what is truly needed by
so many. States rights tell us to act independently on issues and when we're
faced with oblivion and horrific stuggles, we remain muted as if someone
will always come to US and offer us complete relief where we sit? Remember
the case of the squeaky wheel? It certainly needs greasing up quite a bit as
its out of tune with our ears!

--Jer.