[StBernard] MURPHY OIL SPILL NEW ORDER FROM JUDGE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 1 23:40:09 EST 2006

Im wrote:

"This is true, we had an offer from Murphy that we were considering and were
going to accept. It is for a business on Judge Perez Drive. Now we are told
by Murphy that all offers are off the table, they have recinded their offer,

and they are stopping their program to offer settlements to residents and
businesses. They told us to join the class action suit! Can you believe
that. So it looks like we have no other choice. Also I heard the oil spill
area has been increased, is this true? If anyone has any more info, please
share. im"

****Jer Responds:

http://www.stbernardpost.com/downloads/cert_map.jpg is the map that
Torres/Judge is said to have used as the class action suit's map. EPA and
MURPHY had different ones.

Now that a second option is gone, you'd think that those in 1/2 of chalmette
(according to the map which lists St. Bernard hwy to 40 arpent, then Jacob
to Paris Rd. are the boundaries. That places more in the hot zone, but it's
unclear whether experts from EPA or MURPHY will adopt it now or later.

Of course, any lawyers out there might heed our request whether what we've
been gathering on this end is factual, actual or only satisFACTUAL to
Murphy. Fact or Fiction?

If class action--Gawd..years, perhaps? Diminished amounts? Then what happens
if the new zone has people cleaning (via the government's action to help us
clean out the hazard areas and we're now included? Are we opening ourselves
to new suits by those getting sickened cleaning up for us? Are we now forced
to join the suit if we feel or they feel we're affected by contamination?

Times change and people and places have to change along (sometimes
unwillingly)sometimes..

-=Jer=-