[StBernard] FYI

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 3 21:30:36 EST 2006

I thought everyone would be interested in this, , , ,

Jo
*****************************

Dear Members and Supporters,

Yesterday, in a Washington Post opinion piece, Donald Powell, the Gulf Coast
reconstruction czar defended Congress' refusal to back the Baker Bill while
offering no alternative. This is outrageous because both Powell and the
administration HAVE YET TO ACKNOWLEDGE that our failed levees are the
handiwork of the federal government. SHOW YOUR OUTRAGE NOW! Please send 4
emails today.

The Washington Post letters at washpost.com (do not send letter as
attachment)
David Vitter http://vitter.senate.gov/?module=webformiqv1
Mary Landrieu http://landrieu.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm
Bobby Jindal http://www.house.gov/formjindal/issue.htm

Here is a sample email:

Dear ( ),
Subject: Powell's remarks on helping flooded homeowners in New Orleans -
2/2/06
The US Army Corps of Engineers and the federal government must be held
accountable for the Greater New Orleans flood. On August 29, the levees
breached because of improper design, and the responsibility for the design
and construction of the flood protection belongs to the US Army Corps of
Engineers - a federal agency. This means an agency of the federal government
had a central role in the flooding. It is time that the federal government
acknowledges their central role. We demand that Congress accepts their
responsibility and provides the resources necessary to rebuild our homes.

Sending these 4 emails will take you just one minute per email. Please do
this TODAY!

Yours,
Sandy Rosenthal
Founder