[StBernard] Behavior

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 6 09:21:36 EST 2006

I am getting very concerned about the behavior in St. Bernard. People are
acting like there is no law, like we are back in the old west and anything
goes. I am very happy to be returning to the parish. Every week there are
major improvements with the clean up and the re-building of homes and
businesses, but people's behavior is getting worst. I have seen people
racing up and down Judge Perez like there is no speed zone. I have seen
people driving across lawns with no hesitation. Another major issue is that
people are letting their children run free. Many people are moving into new
neighborhoods, and the old neighbor's welcome you, but please respect the
old neighbors and their boundaries. The children of these new families are
learning their new neighborhood, like children do, but they are going
through others houses/yards. They are going in areas that are not cleaned
up and they are looting/picking up things left in other people's yards that
do not belong to them. I am not sure if they know they are looting, but
they are. I would hate to have one of these children get hurt/shot by a
returning home owner not knowing what is going on.

Yes, we are in a real mess, but we need to stop and step back and look at
the real importance and that is respecting others. We do not have much
left, our yards/houses may be a mess, but it is ours, and we do not need
others to disrespect us, but disrespecting our property.

Concerned resident