[StBernard] Rebuilding New Orleans: Subsidence and Sea-Level Riseare the Greatest Threats

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 6 21:38:29 EST 2006

I do not know how much this would help. Planataion Villiage was built on the
silt that Betsy brought in and it still flooded, Riverbend did not flood for
Betsy and it held water longer than most places. I think erosion, MRGO,
drainage vs population as well as the enormity of the storm need to be
considered. The scenario for Katrina was perfect for devestation. I truly
feel that it will only get worse over time and this was not a 400 year
storm, there are too many factors in play to sat it will not happen again,
La Nina next year being one of them. Just my two cents.

Tinemarie