[StBernard] FEMA trailers/parks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 7 13:08:33 EST 2006

Craig wrote:

Jana,

I will pass it on for you but that park is weeks away from being ready
maybe
more. If you need immediate placement we can work on getting you
placed on
the ship for now. Let me know as space is limited and we are trying to
only
use it for emergency placement at this point.

Craig

Craig,
Jim York here. I called your office and spoke to Ashley today. My 80 yr
old Mom and I are still in a hotel in Birmingham. I explained to Ashley
that I have gotten exactly ONE call from FEMA about a trailer. I told them
I really needed one in a park at the time because when/if I get back to
work, would feel more comfortable with her being in a group setting as
opposed to Meadowlark in Plantation Village where it doesn't seem there are
many people back yet. I'd worry less.

Ashley gave me a FEMA # to call and tried several times w/out success to get
in touch with a human being. I've given Ashley my cell and hotel #'s. I
have to to take my mom to a cardiologist in the morning up here but will be
back later in the day.

As you know, hotel payments will stop on 2/13/06 so we need to do something.
I've just been thinking FEMA had us on the list and would call when they
could get us in. Apparently not.

Whatever you can do would be appreciated. You have been the point-man on
this list and I really appreciate it.

Jim York