[StBernard] FEMA Trailers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 11 19:12:02 EST 2006

On Anderson Cooper 360 tonight I saw the segment about the 14
thousand (?) **mobile homes** stored in Hope Arkansas. In the segment,
the reporter stated that those trailers cannot be used in our area
because it's in a flood plain. (like those would float away any faster
than the little ones?)

In talking to a FEMA rep tonight about getting the hotel
extension she was telling me that FEMA can't bring them down here
because the local governments don't want them in.

Could someone clear this up for me? I understand that the bigger
ones can't be put in a driveway. However, they could be used in the
FEMA parks, couldn't they? Okay, so you don't get as many trailers in
the same amount of space, but sheesh, land...we should have available.
And wouldn't that free up more of the travel trailers for folks who DO
want one in their driveway?

Jim York