[StBernard] >Refiineries: 500 feet

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 15 21:48:26 EST 2006

> Craig wrote: I am proposing the 500 feet for the length of the refinery.

I have a concern about this. 500 feet from the Murphy refinery is well and
good, but doesn't 500 feet from the Chalmette refinery include a lot of
"moderately" (3-ft to 4-ft) flooded houses? From what I can measure from
Google Earth, it's about from W. Moreau or Lyndell Ct. to the Highway.
That's a lot of homes and businesses. I was under the impression from the
FIRM maps that the area around the library there (across from the Mobil tank
farm) is some of the highest residential area in the parish at around 9-ft
above sea level. (Google earth says 7-ft. I do concede that FIRM maps use
old measurements.)

(BTW, For Murphy 500-ft is to the middle of the lot on the Murphy side of
Ventura and almost to the backyards of the Walkers Ln. side of Munster.)

--

J. Hodges