[StBernard] Craig - Re: Arabi

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 16 00:19:58 EST 2006

Cindy,

Have your parents register for the free gutting through the parish. If
they are on this list, then they won't be demolished.

Wendy Hall

________________________________

Craig,

Can you please clue those in Arabi in.....I am an Arabi resident whose house
shifted, so this is not for me. This is for my 70+ year old in laws whose
home is also in Arabi. They are still displaced, 300 miles away in Alabama,
waiting for a FEMA trailer and trying to make decisions about their home of
30+ years.

Over the weekend, I mentioned to them the information I had previously seen
on the site about needing to make provisions to put doors and windows back
into houses, to avoid a blighted status, and that the target date to start
this review was March 31, 2006.

I do not want to see them moving towards ordering doors/windows if there
is the possibility that they will be part of a buy-out. Can you give a
reasonable estimate of how long it will be before the Arabi plans will be
made public, so that they will know how much time there will be between that
disclosure and the target date for them to make decisions about securing
doors/windows.

Thank you all that you have done. I recognize that we are all seeking
answers, and that frequently your hands are tied. I can only hope
that those who are making these decisions understand that families are being
squeezed into making life-altering decisions without all of the relevant
facts before them.

Cindy