[StBernard] St. Bernard Citizens Recovery Group

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 17 23:13:05 EST 2006

As much as I am in St. Bernard, I can't attend the council meetings and
Citizens Recovery Committee (CRC) meetings as much as I would like. So I
sent an email to the CRC website.See below for my email and the message I
received because it may cause you to make a special effort to attend the Feb
21 parish council meeting or keep a watch on the local news to see what the
committee submitted as recommendations to the parish council for sending
forward to the Louisiana Recovery Authority (LRA) which will advise the
Governor of what should be in THE PLAN that Congress is waiting Louisiana
to produce in order to get the $6.2 billion and maybe the other $4 billion
that was recently announced.

I wrote:
Why aren't minutes of the weekly Wednesday afternoon public meetings made
available on this website? Why is there no link as to what a draft of the
recommended plan is to the Louisiana Recovery Authoriy?

The reply:
Dear Ms. Keller:
Thank you for your interest and inquiry.
Currently the web site is still under partial construction - we hope to have
it fully functional by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Please check back on
the web site on Monday.

On Tuesday, February 21st the CRC will present its project proposals to the
St. Bernard Parish Council at the Council's regularly scheduled meeting (11
AM). The Parish Council will review and vote on the CRC's proposals at that
time. Once the Parish Council has voted on the proposals a final report
will be made to the LRA. Once the final report is completed we will post it
on the CRC's web site.

If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Elizabeth Ellison-Frost
Community Outreach
St. Bernard Parish Citizen's Recovery Committee

Posted by Deborah Keller