[StBernard] A real answer through HOW MUCH red tape?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 18 11:57:20 EST 2006

My question to all is this.........WHEN and IF we receive the money promised
to us by Bush for the housing recovery, how in the hell are they going to
determine who gets what?
If everyone doesn't get the same, people will get in an uproar. Each person
thinks they are in the worst situation, so I'm not thinking this will be an
easy task. And then I heard on WWL, they will (and just exactly WHO IS
"they"??) will assess each homeowner's situation, whether you had no
insurance, had insurance but not enough, or just looking for the buy-out.
How long is all that going to take?? I guess there will be ANOTHER committee
formed ("they" will have to be created) It sure makes a whole lot more sense
to me to just give everyone an equal amount of money, and skip the delays.
OH, yeah, and it's 100% of pre-Katrina value up to $150,000, how much extra
time will it take to have appraisals done on properties that the owner has
lived in for 10 plus years?
It seems to me there will be too many delays and too much red tape with the
solution currently offered.
Why not do it like Mississippi, and just disperse the money to each
household in even amounts.
Who can complain, no matter what your situation, it's money you did not
count on having BEFORE......???
Apparently Mississippi's governor understands his citizens have an IMMEDIATE
need, let's not make them to continue to wait further for help.
Tracie Brown