[StBernard] Tour groups

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 18 17:41:47 EST 2006

I have never been a fan of this devastation tour business. However
today takes the cake! Dixieland tours made a stop in front of a family
members house on Palmetto Street in Chalmette and proceeded to unload a bus
full of people to take pictures. This is not O.K. How can this be stopped?
My mother was very upset and she called the sheriff's office they told her
to call the govt. complex and they told her there was nothing that could be
done. We have been thru enough. Must we have our pictures taken as
souvenirs by people oooh and ahhhing in the street in front of our homes?
This is not the zoo. We are people and not on display while we try to
rebuild our lives. IF we must tolerate these tours the least that they can
do is stay on the bus!!