[StBernard] Please read and BEWARE you made need some...tissues

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 18 22:38:56 EST 2006

TO EVERYONE READING! PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT OUR LADY OF PROMPT SUCCOR
CHURCH HOLDS SUNDAY MASS AT 11:00 EACH AND EVERY SUNDAY. IT IS A WONDERFUL
FEELING TO ATTEND AND SEE SOME OF YOUR FELLOW EX. PARISHIONERS AND GET HUGS
AND KISSES, TOO!! :-)

FOR THOSE READING THIS MESSAGE, IF YOU WERE NOT FROM ST. BERNARD
ORIGINALLY, YOU PROBABLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT WAS.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL!

Get a tissue ready..................

Please read:

St. Bernardians, we are all as one now, we're just in different places. We
were a unique community of familiar surroundings. Whether rich or poor,
everybody knew everybody else.St. Bernard was the kind of place where you
can walk into a BINGO hall and see an under-privileged person, hoping for
that one bingo to take her out of debt, sitting right next to the local
bank's President just hoping for the thrill of yelling "bingo".
There were no fine lines drawn to separate us. This is why we all called it
home, WE MADE IT THAT WAY!
I too was living a wonderful life, we had 2 cars, a home, my oldest had just
started kindergarten 7 days before the storm. This is the same school that
he looked at everyday while growing up and shouted "THERE'S MY BIG-BOY
SCHOOL!" (he only got to go there for 5 days......5 years of waiting for 5
days of school), my youngest had been in the same daycare since he was born,
my children knew only this life. Both of my children had "best-friends" that
they looked forward to seeing every morning, my husband and I both had dear
friends that are no longer physically there for us.
For everyone out there who wishes to "trash" St. Bernard, I only hope that
you never have to live this type of tragedy. We are a community of caring
people who would never hit someone when they are down.
For those people out there on OUR forum, i.e, Slidell, etc., you know who
you are, who are asking us not to over-run your city, please put yourself in
our shoes, you go to sleep one night and wake up the next day to NOTHING.
Everything you worked your entire life for is now gone.
You can't look to your neighbors, friends, or family because they too woke
up to the same nightmare. An entire Parish, 10+ entire cities - JUST GONE!
Think about how many people you know in your Parish or City, and then wake
up one day and wonder where everyone vanished to......Your job's gone, your
belongings, your car, your friends, your family, but mostly your
familiarity, it's all gone, everything you loved in life is now gone.
Try telling your kids that they can't go play with their bestfriends
anymore, because you don't know where they are nor can you get in touch with
them. Try explaining to them that their toys, clothes, bikes, bed, tv,
school, and home are all gone now. Figure out a way to tell your children
this. And while trying to calm your family, you find a place to live and are
told that there are too many St. Bernardian's here, go away! As if we
haven't been through enough!
There is no easy way for any of us to get over this. There is not a St.
Bernardian alive who doesn't want to go "BACK HOME", unfortunately, this
won't be possible for a number of us.
We must now rely on pure instinct, like a lion lost in the wilderness, on
how to survive, to build a new life for our families. We wake up each
morning and we work all day to make our family comfortable, to give them the
life we never had, you finally succeed, then you find yourself having to do
it all over again. The years will show on many of us after all is said and
done, but I will tell you this......When we see that familiar face in the
grocery, or at the park in whatever remote city or state we all happen to be
in now, a big smile will come to each, as we can and will always be able to
spot a St. Bernardian.

I MISS YOU ST. BERNARD AND I MISS ALL OF MY FRIENDS. GOD BLESS ALL!