[StBernard] Mardi Gras Revelry - Looting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 19 09:52:54 EST 2006

Uh, hello --jer---

I'd say MOST of us don't have any valuables or anything of value left in our
old homes.
If you haven't recovered (or didn't take with you initially) anything of
value, it's already gone; having been hauled out with the muck. We got the
little bit of "good" jewelry my father had made in Asia, although not the
hand-made jewlery case. After the water drained down, for the longest, our
6.5kw generator was stolen, but I don't know what anyone would do with it;
it was under 5 feet of water. My neighbor said he tried to pull/start the
thing and could't budge it. He also checked the oil and it was milky
looking. So....all I can say to the looter(s) is that I hope you busted a
hernia when you tried to pull/start that thing after stealing it from our
house!

Jim