[StBernard] Tour groups

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 19 14:05:13 EST 2006

I beg to differ...as we sit and scream for federal support and help, people-
TAXPAYERS- have the right to see what and how it will be spent and why.
WHile you might feel like you are display, how many times did you go to the
zoo and "watch" the animals? Many people who are on these tours are here to
get passed all the "rumors", is "New Orleans"/ "Louisiana" ok? Is there a
continued need for help? Many of these tourist will go home and tell our
stories...instead of being upset, your mother should have recruited some
help. These ordinary people are involved in volunteer groups, church groups,
and other organizations, many of which who have helped everyday in the
parish and may also be here to say if they can help. I believe that people
should take this opportunity to invite these tourist into our homes, and
really see, smell, and taste what Katrina and the lack of federal help has
done to us. Tell them, 22,000 homes lost; 75,000 people displaced; 1800
businesses gone in one day. Tell them of our friends and neighbors that are
dead. Tell them of our destroyed lives. Tell them of the insurance
industry's atrocities. This is your chance to tell the story. Pressure on
the government from those other that we, the victims, will be our only hope.
Many will consider this exploitation, I consider it our opportunity to
exploit them. WE NEED THEIR HELP, THEIR VOICES. AND THEIR SUPPORT, so take
it. Just my opinion of course....

Wendy Hall