[StBernard] Buy-out plan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 21 07:56:56 EST 2006

<<If you carried insurance, and the government decides that
they are going to buy out a specific area, am I to understand that
you may
possibly not receive any reimbersement for your property if you
collected on
insurance >>

This is exactly what I have an issue with. We use our little left over
insurance money to fix up the place to live in it. If someone buys us out
and deducts the insurance and fema money they wont be much left, if any. We
would be without a home again, and without any resources. All we could
logically expect is the premium money we paid, which caused us not to get
insurance.
QUESTION: Is the insurance money to be deducted FLOOD or HOMEOWNERS or both?

Seems that those who took care to have their ducks in a row are getting the
duck droppings again. Oh well, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am not trying
to get rich of any buy outs but I do want to be know that I have a decent
home to live in. Is someone who abandoned their property and used their
insurance to buy something elsewhere get the same as us who put the money
back in? These kind of plans discourage returning. If the buyout is truly
optional, we stay living here. If the buyout is forced, we do expect
compensation as if I sell my house, insurance or not. My insurance was for
rebuilding, not relocation.
Gaby