[StBernard] [Knights Of Nemesis- Thank You]

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 21 20:48:33 EST 2006

Billy Showalter-President Donald Diodene Alvin Jones-Vice president Keith
Robin Robby Showalter-Treasurer Scott Belsom Steve Fecke-Secretary George
Showalter Donald Picou Jr. Jim Bennett Daven Scivique Vincent Davis Jack
Bennett Chad O'Neal Wayne Garitty Nick Oliveri Ryan Vallee Danny Fernandez
Wayne Guillott Jr. Shane Showalter Lucian Miserendino Timmy Foret Kenny
Campo Sr. Emmett Dupas Kenny Campo Jr.
Julio Fernandez
Thank you so much to these people and all others who had a part in putting
on the wonderful parade in St. Bernard on Sunday. Although the weather was
not the greatest it did not dampen the spirit of the people of this great
parish. We spent the night Sat night in a motor home on Judge Perez. When we
got up Sun morning we were skeptical about the turnout as it was dismal,
cold,and dreary. But we were pleasantly surprised when people started
showing up. At first it was only a few cars but the closer it got to parade
time the more people started lining the streets, filling the parking lots,
and partying like they weren't surrounded by debris and the shambles that
was once all of our lives. I am so proud of everyone who contributed and
came out to support each other.
We saw people we hadn't seen in a while and saw so many people that we were
used to seeing on a daily or at least weekly basis. We were
barbequing,eating,drinking, sharing stories,exchanging addresses & phone
numbers and reminesing about old times. It was just great. It was a real
shot in the arm to so many of us who are tired,cramped in trailers, waiting
for trailers,frustrated at our trearment from our government,disgusted with
FEMA, and generally depressed with trying to cope with all we've lost. The
material things don't mean nearly as much as losing your friends, your
community, your sense of security and the comfortableness of your everyday
life. For all the times I complained, I'm truly sorry. I would give anything
to have it all back again. Maybe one day we will. If we could only get
really important things as planned and organized as this parade it would be
a giant step in the right direction.
Oncde again I applaud and commend all who put this much needed event
together. God Bless you all. Living in Metairie and missing St.
Bernard. cabowabojan