[StBernard] Flood Insurance..

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 24 18:22:52 EST 2006

I know many of you found yourselves in a bad situation with Katrina and the
insurance industry hasn't helped. However, you might want to purchase your
flood insurance now. I got $100,000 building $40,000 content from Fidelity
for a mere $233. To me it is a small investment for those who have already
begun reconstruction and worth every penny if we even get one storm. I got
it through Pat at Powell Insurance in Covington. And for reference...Fidelty
had me paid by Novemeber and had advanced more than $10,000 intially. I had
no problems, if you can believe that with my flood company. The policy does
not go in effect for 30 days, and with Hurricane season, literally 99 days
away, spring rains and hurricanes may make this necessary. Small price to
pay to protect what little we have left.

Wendy Hall