[StBernard] Four Lane Highway from block grant

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 26 19:43:23 EST 2006

Completely agree Gaby. At this point it makes NO sense, with a drop in the
population for the forseeable future. Keep that money for buyouts, grants
and repairs!!

JY

Wishlist of the rebuilding plan includes the same four lane highway
along
Florida Ave that was proposed many times during the last decade or
two,
and
voted down each time. Now it seems it is being snuck into the
rebuilding
plan,
where it will take away some of the funds from the block grant for
this

undesired highway. Personally I think the highway project should be
separate
proposal and NOT dig in the pockets of the rebuilding block grant.
I really question if the feds would want to pay for a highway that
was
never
wanted but by only a few who might benefit one way or the o ther,
and
might
not be needed as the 'north of JP' side will be sparsely poplulated.
So
why
this highway now? I just dont think it belongs into this rebuilding
proposal.
Any other viewpoints?

Gaby