[StBernard] None So Blind

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 1 23:14:59 EST 2006

It's always the same. Facing the truth and handwriting on the wall, even if
the grafitti uses profanity, which we deem distasteful.

No one asked for this misery. To some, folks look at ruin and say, "what
if?" Others will look at it and say, "Why not?" Still there are others that
look at the same as others and say, "Why?"

Those who wonder WHY? Wonder if the "total loss = abundance" or an
overwhelming anxiety in which to deal. Some look at reality as negativity.
The whole story is that some want to stay and work it out. Philosophy is
like that: different strokes for different folks. We can't blame those who
wish to stay (regardless of future risk-taking) or those who have had life
compounded with Betsy and now Katrina. I choose safety and peace of mind
over anxiety, but it's everyone's personal choice. I have a family, so my
mind is made up protecting my life and helping my family in any way I can
with my help. This forum focuses on much more than staying. We're all
citizens no matter where we're staying. Once our trauma is over (and we
pray, that the Lord gives us repose in a hastened fashion), those who become
Texans, Baton Rouge, Tennessee, Mississippian's or whatever citizens, things
will move forward from there.

Yes, there are risks to anywhere we go. However at this freeze-frame in
time, it's about St. Bernardians, for St. Bernardians and St. Bernardians
displaced and inhabited.

Jer.

I agree, but it's hard to say this on this sight without getting attacked.
I know people want to go home, but I don't see how it is possible. It's not
worth the health risk or the risking your children's health. It's not a
normal life and will never be what we used to know. It will be this strange
and bizarre existance for years and years to come, and many are not willing
to take those chances with their families. Err on the side of caution is
right.

Laurie