[StBernard] None So Blind

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 20:14:05 EST 2006

I agree that people shouldn't feel like traitors because they can't deal
with the struggles of rebuilding for whatever their reasons. I don't have a
choice and will have to see it through (hell and high water) until my
husband retires in 5 years or we repair/sell. We just moved to SB 1 year
before Katrina (fine how do you do!) and are stuck with a 30 year mortgage
and nonrequired flood insurance. I was just warming up to life in SB and
still feel its pulse. I have no choice but to put caution aside and delve
into what optimism I have left, plant it and hope it grows. If we get hit
again this summer, then we can say "I give up" but at least we can say we
tried! Mudpie