[StBernard] debris

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 4 10:53:28 EST 2006

"The debris is now NOT being picked up from Jacob to Paris Rd. because the
JUDGE in the Murphy case expanded the area. On the radio today Joey said to
call Murphy if you have debris to be removed in this area. Why? The trucks
don't see the debris piled high in the street??? Is this part of the parish
being ignored by everyone including our own parish? The judge gave the order
but this area is still working hard to rebuild our homes. The parish
officials have said in the past that sometimes we have to do what we have to
do, so START PICKING UP TH TRASH and lets get on with the clean up. This
class action suit may cause this area to fall way behind in the clean up."
--Ladasco

**Well, I certainly want to know WHY it's not an obligation of the parish to
clean up the area they deem "safe" and non-toxic to people? If Murphy
doesn't recognize areas that were expanded (as in my case above Genie) and
the parish believe it's Murphy's obligation, are we in "Paradise Lost"?
We're like a red-headed stepchild--something no one wants and avoids like
the plague.

If this is an example of recovery, we've a long, long, long ... Long way to
go to survival of St. Bernard Parish, even at the hard work and Yes, Slavery
at doing the work alone...without any governments.

We need help more now, than the day after the storm.

--jer--