[StBernard] Insurances and fortunate people

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 4 10:55:32 EST 2006

"I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say this but it's going the be
said."

**Jim, you should be, because by default, Westley usually does not
allow us
an opportunity to defend ourselves from personal attacks as yours.
Bashing
individuals is your nature, perhaps but it's not mine. I question
governments however, because, as citizens, we expect a higher
standard than
those not in the limelight.

****Jer, there has been a lot of discussion about flood ins. or not,
etc. on this listserv. I was not "bashing" anyone or didn't think I was.
I've been in flame wars before & it's not fun. I was honestly stating an
opinion. I was appalled when I found out one of our neighbors did not have
flood. I was on the phone with him and said "How could you NOT have it
knowing the geography of St. Bernard?" His r eply was "Well Jim since you
have been here have we ever flooded before this?" Well uh, no, not until
now and thank goodness we did pay those premiums.

That being said, I subscribed to this listserv because the
intelligence level is a lot higher than on the NOLA forum and I am able to
get a lot of good information here.

**Many of us either were told they did not need it or had no idea
coverages
were not rising with premiums, or found themselves considerably
uninsured
after the storm. I was 80% uninsured. My son was told he didn't need
the
coverage, but my wife told him to do so and he did.

***I find part of that interesting. Every year when we got the
premium notice and new policy I kept seeing the same amounts of coverage so
I was able to see that it wasn't going up with inflation. As I stated, I
questioned the agent about 2 months before Katrina hit about it; should have
acted sooner, but than kful for what we did have.

"And for you Jerry...please get over state.la.us.stbernard or
whatever. As
you said "where I reside..." Why aren't you back in the parish in a
FEMA
trailer rebuilding? You constantly bitch, moan and complain, but are
you
back? Do you intend to come back to St. Bernard? Exactly... WHAT IS
YOUR
AGENDA?"

**Oh, pleeezzzz...My "agenda"? I'll tell the truth as I know it, or
perhaps
request those whom I trust in official positions to do the same. If
I have
personal views, it's as genuine and my right as it is anyone's to
write.
Since when are placing tape on our mouths when discussions are
freely passed
about? There are always counter-ideas in dialog. Not everyone should
agree
or disagree with me or anyone here. It is a privilege for info and
discussions to flow as long as proper etiquette and manners are
followed. It
should not matter if I'm living in St. Bernard or not. I've a place
in theparish as you and believe me, it's not your business to know if I
intend to
return or not as it's not my biz to allow you to stay or leave (as
is
indeed, again your right). FYI, I couldn't get a trailer (as 80% of
the
others could not). Don't you call what you just wrote a little
Bitchy? For
the time being, please don't rock da boat. God doesn't like nasty.

***Jerry, all I was trying to say about the former parish web
presence is that it's gone. For whatever reasons, those in power did what
they did. In my personal opinion, I think since it's the official site for
the parish on the web, it should be for the use of ALL the elected
officials, whether it's a council member, the parish prez or whomever.

Also, I honestly thought you were already back there, giving them
hell in person. We will be returning to our FEMA "mansion" in the next few
days and I will do so in person if need be.

An d, Jerry, believe it or not, I do agree with your posts/thoughts,
maybe 80 % of the time or more.

If I came across as bitchy it wasn't my intention. I truly,
seriously, believe we are all going through a certain amount of P.T.S.D.
How many of us will start breaking out in a sweat this summer when we
hear/see "T.D. #1 has formed...wherever" ?

Jim

There. At least I spoke my peace and wish everyone such.

Jer.