[StBernard] Insurances and fortunate people

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 4 11:01:32 EST 2006

>From Tina Marie - some people

are using the storm to get rich with their insurance then double dipping
FEMA to get trailers to put up in their yards while also getting rental
reimbursement.

I had flood insurance,, but I did not get rich from my insurance & I am sure
most didn't. By the time I deducted what I had to use to pay off my
mortgage, I would still need to make a loan for $100,000 or more to get
something comperable to what I had. And then I still have to buy furniture &
appliances ! As far as rental reimbursement, FEMA has not paid me what I
have had to pay for rent. I would love to get a trailer & not pay rent, but
FEMA won't give us one because we are in the RED ZONE (for today). I just
wish people would stop being si quick to judge others. Whether you had
insurance or not, nothing is going to change that fact so get over it.

Syl