[StBernard] Crisis Counseling

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 7 08:03:10 EST 2006

CRISIS COUNSELING GETS $5.1 MILLION IN ADDITIONAL FUNDING

BATON ROUGE, La.- In the aftermath of a disaster, it is not uncommon for
victims to experience stress and anxiety. The U.S. Department of Homeland
Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the State of
Louisiana aids these victims by funding free crisis counseling
servicesthrough grants to the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.
Another $5.1 million in funding has been approved in addition to the $6.1
million previously obligated. To date, more than $11.2 million have been
approved for crisis counseling in Louisiana.

** "crisis counseling in Louisiana"

This is great. And what do we suppose FEMA is going to do with the other 90%
of people who had to flee the state as REFUGE-ees? Do we just forget about
them?

hem?

Jer.