[StBernard] Wes and Craig- Library Grant

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 9 07:47:42 EST 2006

Yes! I remember Maria! Tell her not to worry--we'll get her a brand new
library card when we get back in business. Ms. Ethel has been trying to get
funding for our library without a lot of luck. Like everyone else, we are
dealing with FEMA and we all know how that goes. I have been trying to help
her all I can.
I'm not sure what our next step will be. The building is not completely
gutted--only the shelving, computers, books, circulation desk have been
removed.
The sheetrock is still up and the nasty carpet is still down!

It breaks our heart to think of the treasures we lost.

I e-mailed an inquiry to find out whether public libraries are eligible for
Mrs. Bush's grant as well as school libraries. Keep your fingers crossed.
We want to come back!

Janet