[StBernard] Rebuild St. Bernard 'safer, stronger, smarter'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 9 19:19:54 EST 2006

WHERE IS THE PLAN?

> Again...I ask...where is the plan to protect the citizens of St. Bernard

parish from future storms of destruction such as Katrina...

WHERE IS THE PLAN?

We stand to lose federal dollars...for rebuilding...we have to act now......

No plan for protection...why rebuild?

Citizens have lost...where is the money for them to replace what they
lost..to be made whole again...would be nice! I do not see this
happening...for myself nor for others...we continue to wait...

Some of us are trying to move on...those of us that may have a little
resources...of course after all of that is exhausted...who will help then...

After my insurance dollars run out from paying rent...maybe the parish will
build a home for me....I can see that happening...

As many others,I had a home paid for...furnishings paid for...yes I had
insurance...this will not cover the cost of rebuilding in an area that I can
feel safe in...because of rising costs...nor will it begin to
refurnish...the place...Tough luck! Right...I say NO to that...but that is
being felt by many...

I for one am sick to death of all of the
meetings...discussions...charettes....we need answers....and we deserve the
answers...yesterday...

This has been going on for almost SEVEN MONTHS now...

This whole thing is a joke...FEMA...is the BIGGEST...JOKE...

Citizens of St. Bernard are really foolish to think that the parish
government is going to consider ideas from them...they will let you speak...
and they will do what they want in the end...why bother...

Mr. Leget...never bothered to return my call...when I was fired up to join
up with the recovery of St. Bernard...I guess I am just an ordinary citizen
of St. Bernard....my opinion didn't warrant a return call...

My main concern...is the following...

WHAT ABOUT LOSING LIVES...and property...IN A FUTURE STORM DUE TO
In-sufficient levee/storm protection?

NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER>>>HELLO....IS ANYONE LISTENING OUT THERE?

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL...We do still have God...and...HOPE...

CLM