[StBernard] 4.2 Billion for Louisiana denied !!!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 9 19:20:49 EST 2006

> You are correct in saying that we were warned about the hurricane.

> However, it is obvious that the Army Corps of Engineers did not do the

> job that they were suppose to do...in keeping the levees

> safe...therefore some of the deaths related to Katrina is the blame of

> the Corps...y

you are entitled to your opinion...

On the other side of the coin...not everyone was financially able to
leave...nor did a great number of people have transportation...that is the
reason New Orleans...and surrounding areas have public transportation...

No one would have ever thought that flooding would have been caused by the
17th street canal levees breaking...

After all...shoring up and testing should be continued throughout the
year...not two times a year...

Seems to me that there is a great deal of blame to go around...but put the
blame where it should be...

The federal government spends billions on other countries, wars, etc.,
etc..... seems to me that monies should have been spent years ago...on a
better levee system...this certainly was not the first flood...for St.
Bernard and the lowere ninth...there was Betsy...and other cities have had
floods...in other states...giving warning to situations such as
ours...surrounded by water...

This should be a clue...you need a better levee system...

CLM