[StBernard] Storm-battered parish considers hired guns

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 15 12:27:25 EST 2006

My sentiments exactly. Why would you layoff your hardworking and dedicated
local law enforcement when who knows the people and the areas and the scope
of the parish better than they do. Why don't they start paying their own
people better and also rehire some of the layoffs. Then you could work
towards having a true department of home bodies that love and would want to
be a part of the community. Please stop with the scare tactics because they
are not working. No GANG would keep me away from "my" home. Maybe I dom't
live in the parish but it is still home in my heart. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL
GIVE EVERYONE that wants to rebuild the faith, courage, and the tenacity to
rise above the smallness of local politics and GO FOR IT. St. Bernard you
are always in my prayers.-------

Ben

70 million for three years, thats a lot of money wasted better spent by
giving it to the sheriff departments throught payroll grasnts. Hire the
furlowed deputies back. We do not need rent a cops, pay our deputies
better.

George Haase